Sunday, June 12, 2011

You Can Quit Soda!

But the truth of the matter is, it has hardly any water and our body is made up of 73% of water and that is why it is important to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I like water, but I have a hard time drinking that much water. So I recommend drinking 100% juice, flavored water such as Propel and try to avoid high calorie drinks like soda and other drinks. Even energy drinks!

When I quit drinking soda, I just went cold turkey. I think its the best way to quit anything. Its not easy at first, but then it gets easier day after day. Find something else you enjoy drinking like mentioned above, I personally really enjoy Propel, and then I have coffee and juice in the morning. Do not keep any soda in your house or else you will be tempted to drink some. I noticed that your new habits can become an influence to your close friends and family. My parents do not drink soda, so that is another reason why I quit drinking soda. I call my dad a non-drinking soda advocate.

The reasons why I quit drinking soda is because I wanted to be healthy and I am trying to lose weight. But when you drink soda it counteracts with your weight loss because of the calories plus it blocks your water and you lose water from your body when you drink soda. I quit soda and lost 4lbs so far in 12 days! I know I will lose more! I know people who have quit drinking it and have lost up to 20lbs! So I know I will continue to lose weight.

Now I have not quit caffeine, it is not good for you but I do enjoy my morning cup of joe. But as a society we are a huge consumer of soda, energy drinks and coffee, which is a billion dollar business. But making little changes can help your pocket book as well as your health.

Speaking of cost soda is very expensive and cost upwards of $6 a case! I was spending that much plus more when I purchased my sodas daily at work. Now that I drink Propel, I get the packets and I just add water.

Like I said above, I never thought I would quit drinking soda, but I did and if I can you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment